Monday, June 18, 2012

Benny and Joon...An Elizabeth Zuluaga Stylized Shoot

Three months ago I was reorganizing some things at home and came across one of my favorite movies, Benny and Joon.  Later that day I took a shower, got dressed and while I was blowdrying my hair, it hit me.  A Benny and Joon inspired wedding shoot!  I thought, what would it look like if Sam and Joon got married?  What would they wear?  What would their story look like if the movie just kept going?

I wanted to do two looks in order to showcase the diner scene in the movie and of course, their "wedding day."  Everything Adam and Jennifer wore was picked out carefully from head to toe by yours truly and my wonderful hair/makeup stylist, Michelle Graves.  Earrings, suspenders, shoes, even Jennifer's socks!  I would also like to point out that the wedding dress is vintage from the 1950s.  Whhaaaaat?  Yes.  Amazing. Adam and Jennifer rocked. It. Out! Seriously, best models ever.

A SPECIAL thanks to Michelle.  She came along with me to scout locations, pick out wardrobe and basically helped me shape my vision for the shoot.  Michelle, you are the best.  Thank you.

Models:  Jennifer couch and Adam Kedis
Hair/Makeup:  Michelle Graves
Styling/Shoot Concept:  Elizabeth Zuluaga

Enjoy :)

















P.S  Follow me on Facebook, Twitter and/ Pinterest and visit my website here!

1 comment:

  1. I am so incredibly proud of you!!! Love every minute of this! XO

    ReplyDelete