Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Remembering Italy #3 | Personal

Val’s house is almost like a little Italian villa in the middle of Tuscany.  Rustic walls, herb gardens and colorful ceramic dishes make you feel transported somehow.  Her kitchen wall is filled with signatures and kind words from people she knows and loves.  I christened a blank section of the wall with my own message for her.   “Tu amistad llena mi alma.”  Translation:  “your friendship feeds my soul.”  The house feels warm and lived in with old photographs from her childhood and new photographs of her son Gabe.  Needless to say, everyone loves Val’s home (and her cooking). 

So, we gathered at Val’s house to reminisce about our trip to Italy (wonderful excuse to get together because we missed each other).  Ever since we returned to the states, Italy has been on our minds and our hearts are nostalgic for all the things that bonded us as women there.

We ate, we laughed, we watched the hilarious videos we made and just enjoyed basking in the memories.  Three bottles of wine later my cheeks hurt from laughing and I wasn’t ready to go home yet. So I took out the angel food cake, strawberries and cool whip and we opened up another bottle to keep the night going. 

I feel so lucky to have these women in my life and what’s even better is that every couple of months we will get together like this to stay connected.  We will keep our friendships going and share meals together.  Thanks ladies for such a fun night per usual.  Oh and Val, I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again.  I want to be like you when I grow up.



 The next few photos are courtesy of Jackie.

No comments:

Post a Comment