Monday, December 26, 2011

We're (Not) Getting Old

It's happened.  I've reached the end of my 20's and although I'm the baby of most of my friends, I only have a year left until I turn 30.  THIRTY.  Yes, my friends are turning 30 and I have to admit that at first I thought "GOD, I'm going to be thirty - I'm getting old."  However, it made me think of the last ten years of my life.  Have I accomplished everything I wanted to accomplish by this point?  Do I have regrets?  Did I use my time wisely?  Honestly, the answer to most of those questions is no.  I have a few regrets and I would like to be farther in my career, but...it's ok.  I'm on my way.  I have figured out A LOT in the past few years and have grown so much.  I've realized how badly and strongly I want to grab life by the balls.  I may not have figured everything out at 18 and whisked away to college with extreme conviction, but I feel like at 29 years old I'm doing just that.  I've gotten to know myself.  I know what I want and with conviction is how I want to live my life going forward.  So, the next time you're freaking out about turning another year older, try to remember there is way too much to still live, dream, build.  

On that note, happy 30th birthday Daniel.  You inspire me, teach me to be a better friend and never fail to make me laugh until I literally think I'm going to pee my pants.  Ten years have gone by and I'm not only happy, but proud to have had you by my side through all the ups and downs.  Love you :)

No comments:

Post a Comment