Friday, December 9, 2011

Casual Fridays

I woke up today feeling inspired.  I had a week filled with catching up with friends, playing with old co-workers and photo shoots (stay tuned for those photos, won't ya?)!  I also was able to finally catch up on my favorite blogs.  I'm in love with this "vow" list posted on The Beauty Department that I'm sure all of you girls out there can relate to for the new year, trust me:

I vow to:
Find my signature scent.
Exfoliate my face and body at least once a week.
Wear SPF 30 every single day. And I will not forget to cover my ears, neck, décolleté and hands.
Never, ever smoke a cigarette.
Only faux-glow from now on. But not to the point where I’m denying the fact that I’m orange.
Not pick at any pimples I should (hopefully not) get.
Always wash off my makeup before bed.
Find the perfect red lipstick because it will give me an extra dose of sassiness.
Learn to apply my daytime makeup routine in 10 minutes or less.
Throw out all of my expired makeup. If I can’t remember when I bought it, it’s too old.
Clean my makeup brushes every week.
Experiment with styles (in the privacy of your bathroom) that I never thought I could pull off.
Stop over plucking my eyebrows.
Sleep on a satin pillowcase to protect my hair.
Not abuse my flat iron, curling iron, blow dryer or any other hot tool.
Love my natural hair texture.
Stop nibbling on my nails.
Sleep 6-8 hours a night.
Drink lots of water for a healthy body.
Take a multivitamin every day. They even make gummy vitamins for grownups so I have no excuse.
Have better posture.
Donate my time and/or money to a charity I am passionate about.
Smile.
Tell myself that I am beautiful every. single. day.

Annnnnd here is a photo that sums up how I'm feeling today...
Have a great weekend!
Photo found here

No comments:

Post a Comment