Friday, November 11, 2011

Travel Rituals and Happy Nostalgia

I usually get a little down when I get back from a trip and this time it was no different.  I immediately missed that Italian air.  Every morning when the girls and I would wake up, there was something very comforting in our routine; laughing about all the crazy things that went on during the night because none of us could sleep (yoga on the bed, whispers in the bathroom, crazy loud birds outside our windows) while we ate pastries and sipped on cappuccinos.  Then we were off to explore the streets and the people on those streets, until we were hungry again and needed a glass of wine.  Laugh, eat/drink, explore, repeat.

Coming home to responsibilities and the norm is bittersweet.  If you're anything like me, traveling is one of the most fulfilling things you can do for yourself and although you tend to forget about your life back at home, you are anxious to return and start living your life in a whole new way.

It's been three weeks since I've been home and I'm back to my "other routines", which do not include lack of sleep or yoga on my bed in the middle of the night.  Ha!  However, I feel rejuvenated, productive and excited for my future endeavors with photography and close relationships I have in my life.  That is what Italy gave me.  That, and my new favorite pastry and cappuccino addiction.  Yeah....it's happening every morning.


Venice, Italy - Morning Sun Glare

No comments:

Post a Comment