Thursday, October 4, 2012

The Method to My Madness

If you were to ask me what three words describe me best, I would say passionate, creative and scattered.  Didn't see that last one coming huh?  It's true.  I've always had ideas and goals and projects I want to see come to fruition, but a lot of times I just end up losing myself in thoughts and countless "starts," which doesn't exactly get the job done.  It's great to have a vision, but not so great when you can't seem to push through until the end or really know what direction to take.

That's why I'm so happy that I met Donna Queza and Nailah Blades.  We met at a women's networking event over the summer and became instant friends.  Apparently I'm addicted to making friends with strong, powerful, smart, funny women.  They are both business owners and what makes them so special is their drive and ambition to help new female entrepreneurs like me!  Donna is a "marketing optimist" and Nailah is a small business coach.  Separately they run successful businesses with their marketing and coaching genuis strategies.  Together they make magic happen and help shape one's  brand, vision and goals you knew were always there, but couldn't seem to articulate in a strong capacity.

Last weekend they made magic again.  With me!  We sat and chatted over chai tea lattes and discussed what makes me tick, what am I truly passionate about and what about me do I want people to know.  They asked me some really tough questions that I honestly had to take a moment to answer.  I mean, why am I unique?  What does get me out of bed in the monring?  What do I live for?  Yeah, tough questions.  However, I dug down deep and was truly honest with them and more importantly myself. In  return, I left that coffee shop feeling inspired, focused and confident that I am going to rock my vision for my company in a whole new way.  I literally have a structured plan now and specific action steps I am taking to get me where I want to be and that my friends, is pretty darn awesome.

Donna and Nailah, thank you so much for your friendship and your wisdom.  I am not worthy.  Seriously.

Stay tuned for photos from that day!  Can't wait so share them with you, but in the meantime check out these mood/style boards I created for the girls for our little photo session.  Part of why I love taking photos of women is because I love helping put the whole look together.  Figuring out who they are and what they like and how I can make them look their best.  I am not a stylist, but I do love fashion and shaping the look of my photos, which is why mood boards are so important in my "process."  The method to my madness if you will.


P.S  Follow me on FacebookTwitter and/ Pinterest and visit my website here!

No comments:

Post a Comment