Thursday, August 23, 2012

Date Night - A Styled Shoot by Yours Truly


Sometimes in the midst of collecting vintage and thrifted clothing for shoots, I come across a few special gems that I KNOW I must use in some way.  Recently, those gems consisted of 18 Chinese lanterns.  What a gift!  I mean, when I saw these babies, I was instantly inspired and knew I needed to use them asap.  Fast forward three months later, I made it happen (styling done by yours truly)! 

I started wondering what the lanterns made me think about.  In a word, romance.  I thought of a couple meeting at a romantic Asian restaurant.  You know, when the relationship is new and shiny and everything seems perfect?  When you change 16 times because nothing seems just right.  When you do your hair and take it out and do it again until it’s exactly the way you want it to be.  When your stomach hurts from the nerves, but it’s such a delicious hurt.  When you obsessively carry packs of gum in your purse just in case he kisses you.  When you catch yourself smiling in your rearview mirror…all the-the-time.  That’s what I pictured.  New love. 

A special thanks to my friends Jackie and Jeff for helping me make this shoot possible.  You guys are the best!  I mean, wouldn’t you agree that these two are quite simply, gorgeous?  Yes.  The answer is yes.

Enjoy :)



P.S  Follow me on Facebook, Twitter and/ Pinterest and visit my website here!

2 comments:

  1. These pictures are AMAZING! The lanterns and the light they cast is amazing! Such a clever one you are!

    ReplyDelete