Wednesday, February 8, 2012

New Beginning (AKA Website)

Three months ago I made the decision to change my life.  I left my comfy (yet, unhappy) bubble and stepped out into a scary world of entrepreneurship.  I feel like I've made so many steps forward in just three months, which makes me excited to see where I'll be a year from now.  

I recently had lunch with a friend and she asked me what I'm learning, what I'm trying to be better at and how I'm managing it all.  I paused for a second to gather my thoughts.  Sooo many thoughts.  I took a sip of water, cleared my throat and looked at her.  I said, "I'm learning how to be myself without any fear or apologies."  She seemed a little puzzled by that so I went a little deeper.  

Before I started taking photography seriously I never thought about how much time I spent trying to hide things about myself to others.  Only showing the "good" parts with the brightest light isn't truly being yourself, right?  When I decided to take on a profession that requires you to show your true colors I realized I needed to stop hiding and just be me.  All of me.  I want my clients to have a sense of who I am by just reading my blog or glancing at my website.  So, that's what I've been doing and this blog was the beginning.  What's next?  Click below :)

2 comments:

  1. Hoooray! You did it! Congrats Liz! XO

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so proud of you for taking this step! I know how hard you're working on it and it's looking great! Keep it up doll!


    www.bundtsofsteel.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete