Tuesday, December 21, 2010

"Roslyn"


All kinds of things inspire us.  Your best friend, your favorite movie, a certain place....

Lately, I've been inspired by a lot of music.  I have a lot of favorites, but Bon Iver specifically is at the top of my list.  They are one of my favorite bands and I just can't seem to stop listening to one particular song, "Roslyn (featuring St. Vincent)."  Everything about it; the lyrics, the way it makes me feel.  I started thinking about what that feeling would look like in a picture.  What kinds of images would emerge from just a "feeling" from a song.  How could I take a picture of something I was feeling?  An essence, if you will.  What do the words say to me?

Up with your turret......

Aren't we just terrified?....
Shale screen your worry, from what you won't ever find
Don't let it fool you,
Don't let it fool you...down

Down's sitting round, folds in the gown


What inspires you?

















6 comments:

  1. WOW. second to last one. tells the whole story right there. Rock On, Liz.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Liz, you look stunnin - a dream sequence come true. Brava!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your pictures are always so organic and beautiful. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful photos Liz!! How stunning are you?!!!

    ReplyDelete